Iris Identification Technology
Iris is a kind of fabric shaped ring in the pupil of the eye. Each iris contains a unique structure based on features such as crown, crystal, filament, spot, structure, concave point, ray, wrinkle and stripe. It is said that no two iris are the same.
Retinal Identification Technology
Retina is also a biometric feature. Some people even think that retina is the only biological feature than iris. The technology of retinal identification requires laser irradiation on the back of the eyeball to obtain the uniqueness of retinal features.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of the Two Contrast
Advantages of iris identification technology:
1. All biometrics have the advantages that the body's own functional organs will not have forgotten attributes like passwords;
2. Non contact, users can obtain images without direct contact with the device, which is clean and sanitary, avoiding the possible contact infection of diseases;
3. Unlike fingerprints and faces, which are easy to modify and wear, iris is in the eyes Internal, it is basically impossible to be copied and modified.
Disadvantages of iris identification technology:
1. It's not easy to miniaturize hardware devices, and smart phones are already very small devices;
2. Compared with other biometric hardware, iris recognition hardware costs more and is difficult to promote in a large range;
3. It's less convenient to use, with lower recognition accuracy and slower reaction speed.
Advantages of retinal identification technology:
retina is a very fixed biological feature, which is not worn, aging, and unaffected by disease. Users do not need to contact with equipment directly. It is the most difficult system to cheat. Because the retina is invisible, it will not be forged.
Disadvantages of retinal identification technology:
without testing, laser irradiation on the back of the eyeball may affect the health of users. This needs further research. For consumers, retinal technology is not attractive and it is difficult to further reduce costs.
Comparison of Details
Unlike iris identification, retinal identification scans the vascular image of the fundus. In the image of retina, two kinds of blood vessels can be seen, in which capillary is not only characterized by obvious characteristics, but also easily disturbed by the outside world. The main blood vessels in retina are characterized by obvious characteristics, which are not easily disturbed by the outside world, and can be used as the characteristics of identity recognition.
The retina is more fragile than the iris. If the head is impacted, it may cause retinal hemorrhage and even fall off. Other lesions will change the shape of the retina. Therefore, the retina recognition is fragile in the stability of the source.
In terms of experience of use, the experience of retinal identification is not as good as iris identification. The distance between the eyes of the user of the retinal image and the input equipment shall be within half an inch (about 1.27 cm), and the eyes must be in a static state when the input device reads the image. This collection is very "aggressive.". And laser irradiation on the back of the eyeball may affect the health of users, and the experience can be said to be very poor.
Because the retina is almost non-destructive, so the confidentiality is much better. Another important reason is that it looks cool.